Articles

Problem with exporting search results from Ovid

In Information industry, Website reviews on August 6, 2010 by Alan Lovell Tagged: , , , ,

Just a quick warning that there is currently a problem with the new OvidSP platform when you try and export/download results using the .txt format. Unfortunately it does not tell you there is a problem – everything seems just dandy in fact – but when you look closely you might be missing a handful of records. Quite worrying, if you’re doing a systematic review, and dealing with many hundreds of records. You might miss the key study and you’d never know it…

When I noticed this was happening I asked Ovid what was going on. They confirmed there was a known problem. However, they did not apologise or acknowledge in any way that it might be an inconvenience. Thanks guys, good customer service. They just said my name would be added to the list of customers that have reported the issue and who would be told when they come up with a solution. Nice.

Advertisements

2 Responses to “Problem with exporting search results from Ovid”

  1. There is a similar problem when saving to my projects. I did a search and got 68 results but only 67 results were saved.

  2. You might need to export in Reference Manager format instead of Reprint Medlars which is what we used to do, so then it is in a RIS format and you don’t save your search strategy as well but this seemed to work for me.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: